Thread: Error slui.exe while activating

Error slui.exe while activating

Hi friends,

I am trying to install Windows 7 as my operating system everything goes well but as soon as i try to activate my Windows 7 over there i am getting slui.exe error message, but if i try to use the same cd on my friend computer then its working fine. Does anyone know what would be the exact cause for this issue and how to overcome from this issue ?

Sure i will help you out with this but before that may i know which steps are you following for activating your Windows and at the same time how did you got the activation key for Windows 7, according to me you should not get any error slui.exe while activation.

I'm trying to activate through "C:\Users\User>slmgr.vbs -ipk ProductKey" method by the using command prompt and i have have received this slmgr.vbs from one of my friend, but when he try to use the same file he is not facing any issue. Does anyone know how to over come from this issue. Thanks in Advance.

It seems that the file you are trying to use is not proper install and you are facing such kind of issue because you're trying to use one of the default ultimate keys when you installed a non-ultimate version of windows 7. But you can still use the same windows for next 120 days by using slmgr.vbs, but before expiration i would suggest to activate it or else you can also registered your self at Microsoft and get the License key for yourself.