Thread: How to restore media player playlist

How to restore media player playlist

Hi,
    Recently I ended up my Media Center crash due to corrupt play list file. I have a large collection of songs and music in it. I worry if the play list is deleted then I will loose my collection. What is the way to restore it back again without deleting my recorded data. My friend told me that the file is stored in the form of .xml file. So what can be the safest way to restore the old thing back again. Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to restore media player playlist

You can create back the playlist without deleting your data in it. Just remove the playlist and create a new. This will does not delete any of your music file. The default location of recorded shows in the Media Center is C\Documents & settings > shared documents > recorded folder. Copy paste the data in it and then delete the old play list. Now create a new one and restart your pc. Copy the data back again in the folder and check it back again.

Try a system restore settings. Hope this can help you out. The best way is to copy the data from the recorded show folder and then copy and paste it in a different folder. Delete the libraries from your media center and then place it back again. And if the problem continuous then you have to run a repair process for the media center. The repair process will put back again everything and remove the error.

You will have to take regular back up of your library. Because this helps you out to restore everything back in case of error. Some plug ins are also responsible for the error. Try removing some plug ins and then see that weather it work or not. First try to manually add up those missing files back in the play list. Then go to the setting page and click on TV. In the menu click on Recorder and select recording defaults. Under the table of General Recording Default select the scroll button for a quality settings. Set everything and then restart the media center.