Thread: Disable asking permission for PC or laptops on external hdd

Disable asking permission for PC or laptops on external hdd

Hi,

I have windows vista machine & I want to know how to disable the feature from the operating system that asks me for permissions for the external hdd?
    I want to disable this annoying feature that askes me for permission of my external hard drive. If you guys have any idea then please let me know how can I solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Disable asking permission for PC or laptops on external hdd

I agree with too descriptive protective agreement. I should be running UAC proposals at least temporarily when you work as it should do. it's in the window of the user Control panel- user accounts and family safety - user accounts- turn UAC on. You can add a security warning on the message area of the taskbar get but you can ignore or turn off until you're willing to UAC back on. You must restart windows to change places is that when you star toyur session and it should help.

In Explorer window that opens look under your covers' organize 'menu and' cover and research options "and there's 'View' tab in the box that has a button "says;'m folders" apply, using the current view to all folders of that type & in the advanced installation list on the same tab there is a checkbox for "Remember each folder's view settings" and that should prevent you doing all that useless dialog with the machine.

This "feature" to UAC. to disable it start orb click, click, in search, type 'msconfig', the key blow in, click "Tools" the tab, then scroll down until you find; Make "UAC Disable"; then click the launch button. O.K. and reboot.

Please have a look : http://forums.techarena.in/vista-fil...nt/1005860.htm

One thing I can't stand about UAC is that it doesn't learn and remember which programs you allow, at least for few times I force allowed to leave it. For this reason I have released and UAC base me Comodo Firewall Pro with a sophisticated form of UAC called "control defense plus built in which, and in addition, the firewall function individually. CFP's Defense and is primarily a PIA, but at least learn and remember and keep ultimately embarrassed you, except when installing new equipment. I think much more sophisticated than UAC and, best of all, it's free program.