Thread: force windows xp to start from cd

force windows xp to start from cd

Hello Can you tell me how can i force my Windows xp to start from the cd , I mean i want to it boot from the cd- drives ,i do not want to boot from the computer harddisk ,please tell me how can i do , thanks in advance

Re: Force Windows Xp to Start From Cd

At startup, go into the BIOS by repeatedly pressing DEL (Delete), or F2 TAB when proposed at the bottom of the screen. In the menu, select "Advanced Bios Features" Enter. Then select "First Boot Device" or "Boot Sequence" and press Enter. Choose "CD-ROM" Enter. Press F10 to save. Install the Windows 2000 CD or XP. The computer restarts. Where indicated, repeatedly press a button to get to the functions of the CD-ROM with (This method is possible for other versions but with different commands)

Re: force windows xp to start from cd

You have enter the bios setup and set the boot sequence (boot sequence) to boot from the cd , the procedure is correctly stated in above post

Re: force windows xp to start from cd

You go into the bios, and change the boot where you put xp cd, you restart and it will start the computer from the CD normally.

To access the BIOS, press the Delete key (Del) on your keyboard during startup, it would be really bad luck if you miss the bios setup ...
    Once in the BIOS Setup, go to the BIOS Feature Setup menu and press enter
    NB: The name of this menu may vary depending on the BIOS versions, the easiest way to locate this menu is to be placed above and read the brief description at the bottom of the screen ... In most cases, "Boot Sequence" is included ...

The BIOS Feature Setup menu includes information about the options generally start the computer ...

Locate the entry Boot Sequence and using the + and - specify the CDROM, C, A instead of the default order A, C, SCSI

Boot Sequence
    : A, C, SCSI

Boot Sequence
    : CDROM, C, A

Once the changes are made , press Esc 2 times.
    This effect will be to display a window asking you to save the new settings.
    Press the Y button followed by the Enter key SAVE to CMOS and Exit (Y / N)? y

Now your computer will boot priority from the CDROM. If the drive contains no bootable CD, the computer will boot normally from the hard disk