Thread: Code 10 Error with Nvidia graphics Card

Code 10 Error with Nvidia graphics Card

Hello , I have a compaq presario R3000 laptop and recently I have a problem with my Nvidia Graphics card and I have even formatted my computer and installed the windows driver, but i get the error message of code 10 in the device manager which say that this device can not start. (Code 10), can you tell me how to solve this problem , please help me thanks in advance

Re: Code 10 Error with Nvidia graphics Card

If the hardware device key contains the value FailReasonString, the string appears in the error message. The driver or enumerator places this string value registry at this location. If the hardware key FailReasonString contains no value , the following error message appears:

This device can not start. (Code 10)

Recommended resolution
    Failed to start the device. Click Update Driver to update the drivers for this device. On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting

Dr. V Guest

first tries to reverse the order in the bios for vga from agp/pci. ,you can also look to "assign irq to vga" ,Code 10 is an impossibility of windows to start the driver, it is often due to an address error , you might try removing the graphics card and reinstalling it physically from the motherboard

You can try the following steps to resolve this problem.

Update Driver
    In the Properties dialog box for the device, click the Driver tab, then click Update Driver to start the Update Wizard of the material. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

You may be prompted for the path of the driver. The pilot can be integrated into Windows or the system can always include the driver files installed the last time you have configured the device. If you are asked the pilot and you do not have it, you can try downloading the latest driver from the website of the equipment manufacturer.