Thread: Can't overlay surface 88760168 problem

Can't overlay surface 88760168 problem

I had purchased a new TV Tuner card for my Vista Media Center. Now my friend has successfully set the DScaler in his Media Center Edition. But the same he gave to me is not working in media center. When I try to do the same then the message comes out denoting Can't overlay surface 88760168. What is the use of this DScaler. My friend says that it gives a good output quality of broadcasting signals. But I already have a HDTV so is it necessary for me to add it in my Windows Media Center PC.

Re: Can't overlay surface 88760168 problem

I have the same issue in my PC. I am using a Media Center 2005 edition with a ATI Tuner card. The input is the cable TV. DScaler is an software which is used to improve the video quality of a streaming channel. It used by most of the users. The best way to solve this problem is to uninstall the application from your Media Center PC completely and then re-install it back again. The error comes up because the DScaler in your Media Center pc is not able to identify the signal properly.

It is not necessary for you to use DScaler. Dscaler is a free software design to increase the quality of videos on the Media Center. The main reason for not working is that there are several complication related to software and hard support. You can use it if you want otherwise just uninstall it. It is used for those channels where signal is not so strong and you want to record a shows clearly. The new version works well with some software's like WinDVD, Virtual Dub, etc.

The error is generated to call a overlay update. There is still not a satisfying explanation available for the problem. There normally happens while resizing a Dscaler or making a video full screen. If we go for a hardware support related to this problem then it needs a PCI Video cards. The tools uses a large amount of bidirectional bus bandwidth that is around 250mpbs per second in receiving a TV channels. So if the system is not enough cable to provide it then the error comes up. This is mainly used to get a high resolution picture. But one thing you have to understand that this software eats up a large amount of system resource. It works on almost any card.