Thread: windows device manager empty

windows device manager empty

for some time, my pc startup is taking too much time (well over 5 minutes), despite the installation of an antivirus program and scanning , there was no improvement.but the main problem is with my device manager. When I go to control panel/system then hardware tab, and click on Device Manager.
    A window opens and nothing appears. i mean my windows device manager is empty , please tell me how to solve these problem , Thank you for your help.

Re: windows device manager empty

Hello,

For my part, I had the same problem as you with the added icon management of USB devices that was no longer in the taskbar. After long and painfull modifications with registry cleaners and research on the internet, I managed to repair the registry by defragmenting with "Glary Utilities" (optimize / improve, registry defragmenter).

I hope this can help some of you.

try this:
    1. Click "Start" - "Run" then type:
    2. services.msc
    3. set the service "Plug and Play" on the "Automatic" and restart your computer.

Download and install the REG file available here: Restore the Device Manager

Start / Run ... (or Windows + R), Services.msc enter - In the right pane, right-click on Plug and Play, and its properties, click the Stop button and then click Start. This allows the device manager to reinstall

If this is not enough: Start / Run ... (or Windows + R), enter MMC / a From the File menu, select Add or remove a software component ... Click Add and select Device Manager. Click on Add - Save the console windows \ system32 \ devmgmt.msc

Or: Open a command window with Start / Run ... (or Windows + R), enter cmd. Enter the command: extract d: \ i386 \ devmgmt.ms_ c: \ windows \ system32 \ devmgmt.msc (depending on configuration, replace d: with the letter of the drive containing the XP installation CD)