Thread: How to use XCOPY to duplicate file?

How to use XCOPY to duplicate file?

Hi,

How to use XCOPY to duplicate file?
    I wnat to know what is this XCOPY exactly is? My friend suggested me to use XCOPY for duplicating file. Is it true? How to use this XCOPY?

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to use XCOPY to duplicate file?

XCOPY copy files or groups of files and folders. Especially useful for copy information to and from a HDD. XCOPY is a powerful copy command to the command of the COPY. It is especially useful when supporting your hard disk. A common use would be the / S option with / D to use the date option to only the files to support since the date of your last file have changed. If you use XCOPY with this intention, you will probably a copy of the program (XCOPY.EXE) in the root folder of your hard drive (remember, when the / S option, XCOPY only copies files of sub directories within the current folder is found) to make.

Try Robocopy:
    rktools.exe install Example: - Write the appropriate permissions on the Share precipitates Students on FILE SERVER NAME - create Students folder on FILE SERVER NAME and set permissions of the share - you should not run on to any of the Security Permissions worried , because they will be copied over. Syntax:
    Code:
    C:\>robocopy \\FILESERVERNAME\students \\NEWFILESERVERNAME\students /e /zb /copyall

I don't use an xcopy ... but it appears that the syntax is confusing. *.bak concludes one or more files with a .BAK enlarge. If this is the case then I don 'is t think it' s possible use xcopy to more than one file in another single file copy, which is what is s xcopy to cause the memory to kick. Typically when I order a copy of a source file *. bak was I assume that if you record a folder or a series of files were copied where the destination is *.BKK. I think this is what is s that the confusion caused. I would delete or * in the source file - the name or put * in the destination file - name and / or copying all .bak files to another folder for easy storage and access proposals.