Thread: How to sum groups of data sql server reporting services

How to sum groups of data sql server reporting services

I have created a report where I need to put the sum of all the records mentioned in the sheet, but now i wanted add the second sheet's column in the previous sheet column, and display a further sum in the footer of group2. I'm struggling a little to explain this but the following is what I do in Crystal 9. Along with this Is there a way around this, to use a connection string from a database? I am using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.

Re: How to sum groups of data sql server reporting services

Expressions are used frequently in reports to control content and report appearance. I searched through at least 20 forums and none of them had a solution, I want to accept my solution as the final solution for all future purposes of people trying to find the answer to this puzzle Expressions are written in Microsoft Visual Basic, and can use built-in functions, custom code, global variables, report and group variables, and user-defined variables.

You can use Visual Basic functions to manipulate the data that is displayed in text boxes or that is used for parameters, properties, or other areas of the report. I have had this working in SSRS 2005 by storing the connection string in a hidden report parameter, then setting the connection string of the second query using that parameter. This section provides examples that demonstrate some of these functions.

You might have to use DATEPART function to get day equivalent and use it in a CASE statement to determine whether working day or not. You can use Visual Basic functions to convert a field from the one data type to a different data type. Conversion functions can be used to convert a the default data type for a field to the data type needed for calculations or to combine text. The display format can be done in RS designer by using a table container.