Thread: Comparison of Windows Vista Flavor (Editions)

Comparison of Windows Vista Flavor (Editions)

Hello , I Have Been Given a free Opportunity By my Freind(Computer Engineer) Who Lost the bet with me to opt for the Vista , Currently i have windows Xp , And i would like to Upgrade to windows Vista , but I came to know there are Various editions, Flavours of windows vista, and i am confused which to choose , Can you compare windows Vista Flavours (I mean Several Different Edition ) , so that I can make a Clear Choice , please Help me Thanks in advance

Re: Comparison of Windows Vista Flavor (Editions)

the operating system comes in three versions: Home Basic, Home Premium and Ultimate. , the first do not benefit from the Aero graphical interface . . The basic versions and family premium are relatively close. The full version, however, makes a Good Choice

The various editions available:

• Windows Vista Home Basic is ideal for individuals who perform mostly simple tasks like email, Internet browsing and viewing photos. Easy to configure as to maintain, he quickly found what you want on your computer and the Internet. Its environment protects you against unpleasant surprises.

• Windows Vista Home Premium is the edition of choice for your home and the mobile computer. From innovative design, this edition brings you the productivity, entertainment and security you need on your computer at home or traveling.

• Windows Vista Business is the first edition of Windows designed to meet the needs of small businesses. You'll spend less time to worry about the technological assistance, in order to have more to spend on the growth of your business. Windows Vista Business is the choice for your business today and tomorrow.
    • Windows Vista Ultimate is for those who already have. Switch easily from the world of productivity to the game with the most complete edition of Windows Vista. The edition offers the power, safety and security features you need for work, and all the entertainment features you want for fun.

we must avoid choosing the Home Basic! , this edition does not use the GUI or its Aero 3D effects nor does the Windows Media Center or Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker. Moreover, Windows Vista Home Basic does not support the Tablet PC functions and is limited to a single physical processor when all the other editions of Windows Vista manage two physical processors. Vista Home Basic is also less well developed in terms of multimedia uses. It does not have the Media Center, ie, an interface dedicated to listening to music, watching videos, of television or scrolling images. The software distribution is rather poor: no program to edit video DVD, not Windows Movie Maker HD

Windows Vista Home Premium is for much more interesting because we can find all the missing features from Windows Vista Home Basic. By contrast the professional features is provided as the backup utility, file encryption, IIS Manager fax, remote desktop, The Professional edition of Windows Vista incorporates the functions described in the moment, but loses all the multimedia aspect: most of Media Center or parental control on this release.

Windows Vista Ultimate includes all functions of the various editions of Windows Vista and also adds BitLocker, which encrypts all files on the hard drives. Another unique feature of the edition, the bonus that will allow users to download Updates in free. Finally note that the Basic Edition, Home Premium and Professional include Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade, a function to update Windows Vista to an ultimate edition to take greater advantage of more features.