Thread: Removing Startup Applications

Removing Startup Applications

Hello , I Have Windows Xp , Can you tell me How to Remove Unneeded Startup Applications from startup Entry , i Have Several Unneeded Application that Run at Startup , I need to Disable then as my Pc is Getting slow ,please Help me Removing Startup Applications ,thank you in Advance for your answers

Re: Removing Startup Applications

To Remove Startup Applications

• Press Windows Button + R >> it Will open Run Dialog Box , In "Run" Dialog Box Type "msconfig" and Press Enter
    • It will open the msconfig utility , goto 5th Tab
    • Here You will find in the "Startup" all programs launched at the opening of Windows XP.
    • Just uncheck the boxes in front of programs that should not start automatically and is not necessary.

When these programs are uninstalled , if you want to remove the Startup Applications entry from the registry , you go in the registryand search for the Uninstall key, there you will find the program. To go the registry editor type regedit in Run dialog box, and then you go here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Warning! do not delete anything in the BDR "base register" because after you delete it will risk more harm than good. In case of doubt or export the keys before deletion. To do this click on File/Export.

It is possible to Remove the the launching of the Startup Applications that launch automatically at startup and slow startup of Windows.

To Remove the Startup Applications them you can delete the shortcuts in the Start Menu \ Programs \ Startup but you certainly will notice that all programs are not ...

To remove unnecessary programs at startup go to the Start menu, then go to the Run command and type msconfig and click the Startup tab.

Warning! The list is to be modified with caution, because it contains essential to your system. Disabling certain programs could lead to serious problems.

You can still disable certain programs that you do not really need by clicking in the box so as to have an empty box. It only remains for you to apply your changes and close the window, another window will ask you to restart your computer to activate the new settings and at the same time check whether the changes took effect.

You can use the Ccleaner m CCleaner will allows you to clean up the software launched at startup. Be careful what you do, the entries are simply removed. Thus, rather you can prefer to use the msconfig utility for Windows that allows you to enable / disable a program at startup (not delete), which is safer. If an error occurs, you can easily go back.
    CCleaner for example, you may then be used to permanently remove the startup of software tested with msconfig and found to be unnecessary.