Thread: Compaq Advisor Problem

Compaq Advisor Problem

I Have Compaq presario Computer At my home the problem is that is keeps giving me these Error message from Compaq advisor. The Exaxt Error message is that "Visit the compaq site to improve your PC." , and It does not Matter , Whatever option i select to close it, it Pop Back Again at Startup , It popBack . It always Happen When i Log intomy my Windows XP Service Pack 2. my Pc is Suddenly Getting Slow due to this , if anyone Can help me solve these problem with the Hp Compaq Advisor, then i would be really thankful to him

Re: Compaq Advisor Problem

Some programs are opened via a shortcut icon in the startup folder (Startup icons). Here's how to display any hidden startup icon and remove it from the Startup folder:

NOTE: The deletion of the folder Start software does not uninstall.

1. Click the right mouse button on Start and select Explore. The Windows Explorer window appears and the Start menu is selected by default.
    2. Click on the arrow next to Programs to open the Programs folder.
    3. Click Start.
    4. The shortcut icons are displayed in the right window.
    5. To display the hidden icons, click Start , Control Panel, then Appearance and Personalization.
    6. Under Folder Options, click Show hidden files and folders.
    7. The Folder Options window opens with the View tab open.
    8. To view the icons hidden, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders, then click OK.
    9. In the Startup window, click an icon to start to delete in the right side of the window and drag it to an empty space on the Windows desktop. Release the mouse button to drop the icon on the desktop.
    10. Continue to drag and drop desktop icons to start deleting until they are all there. Click Yes in each pop-up window asking you to confirm the deletion of a file read-only.
    11. Close Explorer and restart your computer to accept the changes. Do not remove the startup icons that you have placed on the desktop when you are sure the software associated with them are operating satisfactorily.
    12. If you discover that software should not have been deleted from the Startup folder, double-click the Start menu to open the window and replace icon from the desktop to start the window by dragging and dropping.

Compaq Advisor cannot be disabled using the Startup Resource Manager in the Compaq Help and Support Center on the Compaq Presario computers.

The Compaq Help and Support Center on Presario computers includes the Startup Resource Manager applet that allows the user to adjust the startup resources to improve performance.

The Startup Resource manager can help you manage your available system performance by limiting which applications automatically open when you turn on your Presario. Managing your Presario's startup applications can help improve its overall performance.

The Startup Resource Manager does not allow a user to control applications that are launched as services, such as Compaq Advisor. To disable Compaq Advisor, perform the following steps and work around the issue:

• Click Start > Run .
    • In the Open: box, type: MSCONFIG .
    • Select the Services tab.
    • Uncheck Compaq Advisor .
    • Click Apply > OK > Restart .

This process window is listed as non-essential and can slow down your system. We recommend that you check whether the process is still continuing to run automatically at boot or not . Remember, if it is workings , then it is probably using the resources or using part of your systems processing power. thus slowing down the computer These messages appear occasionally and instruct and advise users on their computer and its use. They generally attempt to get you (these messages) to connect to Compaq's website. They may be safely disabled via (1) MSCONFIG or (2) Start -> Programs -> Compaq Advisor -> Advisor Settings under the "advanced" tab. Not required and can cause problems