Thread: What is CcmExec.exe ?

What is CcmExec.exe ?

Hello every one,

My machine is a Dell Optiplex GX260. Recently upgraded the OS to XP Pro.It's been past a week my computer is pulling out all of my hair out with it's repeated pop ups notifying me that "CcmExec.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." But it does not offers me a mean solution to the issue or information how this arisen.So I need to know more about this stupid pop up.I know you guys will offer me a good solution

thanks in advance
    cheers to all

Re: What is CcmExec.exe ?

Ccmexec.exe is a part of the Microsoft SMS operating system service. This service calls upon another service, the SMS Agent Host. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.\r.If you want a detailed security rating about your CcmExec.exe (and all other running background processes) read the following user opinions, and download the free trial version of Security Task Manager. Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection

The process ccmexec.exe (Microsoft SMS Agent Host ) is basically Microsoft SMS (Systems Management Server) suite part, which is mainly used to distribute software patches to the machines on a network.The file that corresponds to this process is normally found in the directory "%SystemRoot%\system32\ccmexec.exe" (where %systemroot% is usually C:\WINDOWS.).It is an application which can safely be terminated. However,But better let it run for ensuring Microsoft SMS continues to work without any issues.

The process is a vital part of the Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) system.Which used to distribute patches to pcs on a network. If your computer is on a corporate network, consult your network administrator to find out if it is okay to terminate this process. Otherwise, if you use SMS to distribute your patches you should leave this process running.When you encounter a ccmexec exe issue better scan your computer with registry clean tools. By the way, professionals also take advantage of these tools when fixing their customers' corrupted registry; it's quick, painless, and reliable. Don't wait for an error message get yourself one of these solutions not only will it clear up this problem, but repair other problems you might not be aware of and greatly enhance your computer's level of performance.