Thread: What is tmon.exe

What is tmon.exe

Hello friends,

I am wondering because when ever I start my machine, Zone Alarm pop ups me to something called tmon.exe which is requesting to access to internet.I have no clue what is this so i always wriggle out. have any one know what this program??

Ideas will be brilliant !!!
    thanks..!

Re: What is tmon.exe

The tmon.exe is placed in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 1,807,288 bytes (36% of all occurrence), 1,807,024 bytes, 1,785,856 bytes, 1,811,120 bytes.This is basically a file without information about the vendor of this file.This is not windows file,but it is affiliated by a trustworthy manufacture. Program automatically begins with Windows (Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders).It has no visible window. Which is capable of recording inputs.So the technical security rating is 54% dangerous

Tmon.exe exhaust excessive system and memory resources with no corresponding benefit. Applications such as these should be disabled to improve overall system performance.In addition to the file name, tmon.exe, the following version information is used to identify the file. If the file does not match this information, it may be a different file. File name contains on Program Files\Ocucom\PreCast. In order to get version information with Windows Explorer, right-click the file and click Properties, Version. I advise you WinPatrol Plus for monitoring all of the background activity on your PC. WinPatrol Plus provides a easy to understand descriptions of over 15,000 processes and programs.

The file TMON.EXE is classified as safe. It is not a associated with malicious Software.Which can possibly communicate with other computer systems using HTTP protocols,Registers a Dynamic Link Library File.The Process is polymorphic and can change its structure and sends MIME Email.Which also responsible for addition of a Registry Key (RUN) to auto start Programs on system start up.It's been the subject of the following
    * Created,Terminated and Executed as a process on disk
    *Which has code inserted into its Virtual Memory space by other programs
    * Added as a Registry auto start to load Program on Boot up