Thread: How to recover partition space from d drive

How to recover partition space from d drive

I have created three drive C, D and E on my 160gb hard disk. Each partition with around 60gb space, now i want to recover partition space from d drive and sent it to c drive, so c drive space will increase. I have installed windows xp on my system.

Re: How to recover partition space from d drive

Try defragmentation to recover partition space from d drive and sent it to c , it is a process that reduces the amount of fragmentation in file systems. It does this by physically organizing the contents of the disk to store the pieces of each file close together and contiguously.Open My Computer.Right-click the local disk volume that you want to defragment, and then click Properties.On the Tools tab, click Defragment Now. Click Defragment.

The only real Partition Recovery software for partition recovery and partition repair. It's aimed to recover partitions which have been deleted, damaged or corrupted on hard drive (both internal and external), backup/restore, repair partitions, MBR, boot sectors, etc. It does the partition recovery and partition repair job under both Windows and DOS System; it is so far the best partition recovery and repair software.Partition Table Doctor supports DOS, Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003.
    Download Partition Recovery software

Perform this two operation Chkdsk and Clean up to recover partition, itwill determine that exact space on your drive and repair corrupt sector after that you will able to recover that partition .Select one or more programs that were installed by Windows Installer from the Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box.CHKDSK can be run from the Windows Shell, the Windows Command Prompt or the Windows Recovery Console. One option for CHKDSK is the use of the Command-line/R parameter, which allows the program to repair damage it finds on the hard drive.