Thread: Startup Error Message : System memory has changed

Startup Error Message : System memory has changed

Hi,

When I start dell Inspiron 5100 with Windows XP Pro normally, which I do normally, windows starts to boot, it comes with the Error Message : System memory has changed and then crashes. I figured that I could at least get Windows installed and working with this small amount of RAM left (64 MB) and then inform them that they needed to purchase more RAM. The power supply and mother board battery were replaced within the last year.

Any help or idea will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Startup Error Message : System memory has changed

One of the modules has gone bad, so it is now reading at 50% (more than likely) of what was there. Check your virtual memory setting once in Windows, aslo, shut off system resources that are not needed. Remove the memory modules and reinsert them firmly. Finally after you boot once successfully, go to the BIOS and reset the settings to Factory Defaults.

Have you installed new ram? click on my computer - properties - advanced - performance settings- advanced - change, try increasing "paging file" size. you may have a faulty memory module or slot if you have not actually changed the system memory.

What's the system free memory? Does it have enough free space? If it isn't -- what problem are you experiencing regarding the system usage? I would remove a module and try to install, you should have 2 slots so you may want to alternate slots to see if there is an issue with either the module or the slot. If you can, try to change the RAM, as it may be at fault.

To remove Error Message : System memory has changed, first, check it in setup by hitting F2 when the Dell splash screen comes on when you first power on the machine. You need to clean up the C drive and get some working room on it, then I would see about any memory leaks. Run MemTest to check for faulty memory