Thread: Blank blue screen after login

Blank blue screen after login

Hello every body,

hope you guys are doing great.i just like to share my problem regarding my computer which deliberately shows nothing after the login screen.after the welcome screen, my computer does not load my desktop or anything. . . just a plain blue screen.if I try to start explorer manually via task manager, it says that it cannot find it and to make sure I typed it correctly. I can access everything just fine in safe mode but not in normal. When I open the command prompt it says the directory is c:\windows\system32 instead of c:\users\home (home is my user name). have you guys have similar issues like me..

please let me know the cure...

Re: Blank blue screen after login

Do you get the same problem if you log on as a different user? If the Start menu does not show then the issue might be your profile/user account. If you don't, log on as another user with Administrative access and delete the user and the profile. Next time you log on as that user Windows will re-create the profile.else you can try pressing Ctrl+Esc after start up.another chance is if you performed an upgrade to Windows XP. Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, and look for sulfnbk.exe in the processes list. If it's there, end the the process and the desktop should appear.

Do this things take out your hard drive, put it in your system and backup the files.Put the pc back in your system, boot from cd and install Windows over the existing one.This way you should not lose any files and if you lose them they are still back upped on your pc.Choose install without formatting.Don't forget to backup up the inbox and the Outlook address book.

I need to know are you getting any errors message with the blue screen?if so what are you getting ??are you able to work with safe mode.restart your computer and after the initial screen shows, hold down the F8 key. If "Boot to last know good configuration". you better try it or Safe mode with networking mode..
    good luck !!