Thread: How to reset BIOS with cmos battery for Satellite A215-S7444

How to reset BIOS with cmos battery for Satellite A215-S7444

Am trying to reset the BIOS for a Toshiba Satellite A215-S7444. I've seen instructions for other models but I am not certain those will work so i want to be on the safe side. There is a manufacturer error that prompts for password when the laptop powers on and I would rather try to fix the error myself if I can....Any help would be appreciated.

Re: How to reset BIOS with cmos battery for Satellite A215-S7444

Follow these steps:

* Remove Laptop Battery
    * Remove Memory Cover
    * Spread spring clips to outside and
    * pull out RAM memory
    * Remove clear vinyl label opposite RAM memory slots
    * In the upper left corner you will see JOPEN1 with a white silkscreen square

see here for more details How to reset bios with cmos battery on toshiba satellite a135

Somehow i believe that its different, because I have removed the memory modules and I do not see a clear vinyl label(it's dark) and after removing it I see nothing called JOPEN1

After opening the cover can you see the cable red-black coil if yes then slowly pull, which is the CMOS battery cable connecting the laptop to the board. You will required pushpin connect the needle pushpin negative to positive pushpin so due to short circuit it will be reset the BIOS configuration after then pull CMOS battery with pushpin and return to the initial position.

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    After opening the cover can you see the cable red-black coil if yes then slowly pull, which is the CMOS battery cable connecting the laptop to the board. You will required pushpin connect the needle pushpin negative to positive pushpin so due to short circuit it will be reset the BIOS configuration after then pull CMOS battery with pushpin and return to the initial position.
    Ok am sorry but it very hard to understand your instructions. However, I did manage to remove the top cover and only to discover the CMOS battery with the negative and positive terminals showing but it appears that the battery is stuck to both terminals. Question is...where do I go from here? Below are two images of the battery.
    Last edited by cabecass; 22-07-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Short the leads on the battery to reset the bios,, not to easy on this model you have to nearly take it completly apart to get to the battery

can i just replace the battery?...cuz my pc turns on but the screen does show anything, and the hard drive doesnt spin @ all..i think i need a new cmos battery. i dont think i have to reset the bios...Tell me with any help..plz... thanks.. plz help!...thanks.
    Last edited by Rudra; 28-09-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Do not provide personal details... Use PM instead

Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    Short the leads on the battery to reset the bios,, not to easy on this model you have to nearly take it completly apart to get to the battery
    I also foundout that this does not fix the password problem, Toshiba has extended the warranty for this problem, so my Customer is sending in back to Toshiba for repair