Thread: How to delete .CAB file?

How to delete .CAB file?

Recently I install a network at home. Along with that I have also installed program called CABBIS and from that point it shows a DOS window every time I restart my Windows and also automatically reboot my system. I have to manually close this CABBIS window each time I restarted my machine. How do I delete this .CAB file permantly? and is it safe to delete those files?

Re: How to delete .CAB file?

If you wanted to remove these files then the files will be located at C:\_Restore\Archive are your restore points for ME. Otherwise go to Start ->Control Panel ->Settings, Double-click System, Go to Performance tab.
    Click File System, and then click the Troubleshooting tab. Click to select the Disable System Restore check box, click Apply, click to clear the Disable System Restore check box, click Apply, and then click OK.

Are there any C:\MSOCache ? If you find any then delete those first, Run the System Cleaner 1.6 or CCLeaner will also a good application -- it's free install & should delete those office files if they are safe to delete. Those cab files were placed there by the DirectX end-user redistributable package. As far as I know they should not have been extracted there at all. I would think they would be safe to delete. Just to be safe before you delete them, download the newest DirectX update and first install it then delete the files.On the odd chance you don't want to have the CAB self delete, you can give it a read only attribute and it will still be there after the install completes.

Yes, and most CAB files are self-deleting anyway. That's in the System Restore folder. You just need to disable System Restore, reboot to clear everything, then re-enable System Restore and it will set a new clean restore point. hundreds of the FS*.CAB files are less than 100KB, so I'm betting that these are partial files created back when CABBIS was loading upon every startup and I would manually close the DOS window.