Thread: How to Reset HP ze4500 Bios

How to Reset HP ze4500 Bios

Hello I have an HP Pavilion ze4500 laptop with Win XP SP2 operating system. The laptop bios is password protected, which at the start must be entered. Well, I wanted the space for the graphics chip from 64 to 128 MB and I cannot not expand it more in the BIOS? I can use all the features but not this , iniatially it was at 128 only but 3-4 month i have set it to 64 , now i have forgot the password please tell me how Can i reset my HP Pavilion ze4500 laptop bios Password , Thanks in advance

Re: How to Reset HP ze4500 Bios

If the warranty has expired then You open the computer and on the motherboard there must be a one button cell or a jumper to reset the Bios. Other times removing the battery for 10 minutes could help. Or just said reset and remove jumper or changed for about 5 seconds and back again. Depending on the model and manufacturer you have to see what's there for a solution. If warranty is left , then I would take it to the dealer

On most motherboards, the BIOS can reset in two ways one is to be via jumper or by removing the BIOS battery,where the CMOS settings is stored. In both cases, you must have to open the computer and get your on hand on motherboard , so first power off the power supply on, remove all plugs (including the power cord) from the computer and open the back panel , after you are grounded, Now look on the motherboard for the round button battery, which keeps the BIOS settings. In the vicinity there should also be the jumper to reset the BIOS are located , where exactly (CLR_CMOS) is Written Which you can see clearly on the mainboard. Now you can either remove the battery and wait some time (10-20 minutes, sometimes shorter / longer) or put the jumper as it is might have pecified in the manual , but always remember at which position it was in the original state so you can restore configuration it later . Put the jumper back into its original position. Close the system back and close all other equipment and connect cables to the computer. The BIOS should now been reset,

To reset the bios setting to default, you need to go into BIOS setup and press F9 to restore default settings.

Entering the BIOS Setup menu
    Entering the BIOS Setup menu requires pressing a specific key at a specific time. If you fail to enter the Setup menu on your first try, repeat the following steps until you are successful:
    1. Close all applications that are currently running and restart the computer by clicking Start , Shut Down , Restart the Computer , and then OK .
    2. When the red Compaq logo or blue HP logo screen appears, press the F10 key on the keyboard to enter the Setup menu.

NOTE: An alternate to the above steps, especially if the logo screen disappears too quickly to enter BIOS, is to shut down (turn off) the computer. Wait 30 seconds, turn the power on and press F10 or F1 at the logo screen.

Reloading the default settings
    Complete the following steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup settings:
    1. In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.
    2. Select Load Setup Defaults .
    3. Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).
    4. Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.

Resetting the BIOS to default, may not solve your password problem.but it can obviously reset the computer to dafault settings