Thread: What startup programs do i need on system configuration utility on Windows Xp

What startup programs do i need on system configuration utility on Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Whenever i try to work on my system, it works very slow. I had seen that my startup programs takes more time to get start on my pc. So, i would like to know that what startup programs do i need on system configuration utility on Windows Xp? Does any knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: What startup programs do i need on system configuration utility on Windows Xp

These slow startups are usually the cause of a few erroneous configurations in the system. The reason for this is that all of these programs use a portion of the system memory and resources which leaves a smaller percentage for other programs once they're opened.

Re: What startup programs do i need on system configuration utility on Windows Xp

According to my best of knowledge, the SYSTEM.INI and WIN.INI tabs aren't that important, the BOOT.INI tab gives you some extra boot options you can turn on or off. By clicking Check All Boot Paths, you can possibly fix some boot problems. By enabling the option /NOGUIBOOT there won't be any Windows logo at startup.

The most common problem caused by the use of typical installation options is the fact that you have a big chance of having a bloated system that loads lots of useless programs at every startup. Just follow these few steps to maximize all your resources where you want them.

1) Go to your start menu. Click start/run and type msconfig.
    2) A box entitled system configuration utility will pop up. Click on the startup tab.
    3) Uncheck any program that does not need to start with Windows.
    4) Click Apply, ok, and then reboot.