Thread: How to Initiate/Enable Dictation in Vista

How to Initiate/Enable Dictation in Vista

Hello , I Want to Enable to Dictation in windows Vista, Can you Tell me , how can i Activate the Dictation Service in my windows Vista computer ,please Hel Thanks in advance

Re: How to Initiate/Enable Dictation in Vista

Some programs might not automatically accept text dictation. If you want to dictate text into programs that don't automatically accept dictation, you can use Windows Speech Recognition to turn on dictation in those programs.

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.
    2. Say "Show Speech Options," say "Options," and then say "Enable dictation everywhere."

Hello , I Am Also Facing similar Issue , I have set up Vista speech recognition. and Everything went well. , The computer follow my orders (ex: "Open Document"), but I can not to dictate a text to computer . I can only say, "No press" for example. I need to configure the speech recognition function by activating''dictated''to all programs, but I cannot find the option , will the above step work for me,

Dr. V Guest

Yup , there is no Harm Trying the above steps, the solution is to enable dictation everywhere in all program , for this Opens voice recognition, and then make a right click on it and select Options and Enable dictation everywhere. ,It should solve your problem .