Thread: Recover Corrupted Registry Without Boot Disk

sad Recover Corrupted Registry Without Boot Disk

I recently tried to restart my computer and was given an error message saying that the \windows\system32\config\system was corrupt or missing, keeping me from booting up my computer. After some research I found out that to fix it you need to run the Recovery Console from the original boot disk, but I DO NOT HAVE THIS DISK!

This is an old computer (from 2002) that is running on Windows XP Home Edition, and the disk was lost many years ago, but I need to get it running again. I understand that there are some ISO images that I can use to create a new backup disk, but I cannot find any and many places say to not trust them. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me get this thing running again? I need to access the computer ASAP!

Re: Recover Corrupted Registry Without Boot Disk

I don't think its a better idea to recover the registry without the Boot Disk.
    Its always advisable to use your genuine copy of Windows Installation boot disk, to avoid any trouble to your system & data.

I hope you find your bootable disk soon. Your option to access your data is Linux live CD. & take a backup of your files.

Try this Registry Drill Registry Cleaner and Repair utility http://easydesksoftware.com/regdrill.htm

Registry Drill can fix Windows 7, Vista, Windows 2008, 2003, XP, 2000, & even ME and 98. It works on 64 bit as well as 32 bit.

The Registry Drill has more than 50 different tools to find and fix any Registry problem you may have. Registry Drill can help you repair a Registry file that will not load; one Windows reports as missing, corrupted or damaged. You probably have seen Stop : c0000218 { Registry File Failure} The registry cannot load the hive (file): \SystemRoot\ System32 \ Config \ SOFTWARE (or System).

Find and repair damaged or stuck Keys, obsolete Keys, invalid Keys, NO_READ or NO_WRITE, ERROR_BADKEY NO_PERMISSION Keys and more. Registry Drill can reset permissions that RegEdit will not allow you to or can't. It can take ownership of any Key, even if RegEdit will not let you. Opens Keys that RegEdit cannot. Cleanup your computer so it runs faster and eliminates errors.

I'm interested in the Registry Drill, but I dont want to pay for it if Im not sure it will work. Will it perform the same functions if I download the free 15 day trial?

Also, about downloading the Boot program from Microsoft, that wont work because it needs to be a floppy, as it says, and while the computer I am trying to fix has a floppy drive, the one that is working (this one) does not. Will it work just the same if I put it onto a CD, or does it only work on floppy?