Thread: Problem with svchost.exe on Xp Professional Edition

Problem with svchost.exe on Xp Professional Edition

Hi
    I know this excatly a odd problem that associated with Windows Xp Professional Edition. svchost.exe keeps trying to access my computer.but I shut it down by denying "do not show this window again" block to no avail.I need to cease this message,any one to help me this regard?

Re: Problem with svchost.exe on Xp Professional Edition

Svchost.exe is a program located in the Windows\System32 folder, and it is not an unimportant,it is a program which need to run on your computer but if the file is not in it's exact path,chance are high of a trojan or some other stuffs,make sure that the application is existing there if you find the above another location just quarantine it.....

Dr. V Guest

i Guess your computer infected by malware programs that's the error message keep on coming even if you keep it blocked,
    so you have good anti virus application running on your computer,if else try to get it as soon as possible. I would suggest you kaspersky,before installing make sure that you removed any other anti virus which already on your computer been removed..update the database shut down the computer turn it on and select safe mode now allow your kaspersky to scan your computer wait..and i will take time..delete all infected files and now check after booting in normal mode...

According to Microsoft: “svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries”.in control panel you might notice that there are a Lot of services required by Windows every single service ran under different svchost.exe Me had a problem with a svchost.exe memory drain.I learned that the issue was the SSDP Discovery Service. i resolved it by doing the following

Launch Run and type services.msc
    Double click on SSDP Discovery service
    Click the log on tab and disabled
    and now am working fine....