Thread: MS Money was unable to load the registration library (dll)

MS Money was unable to load the registration library (dll)

I decided to purchase the MS Money version but it will not install. I get an error screen to submit an error report to microsoft. Error message displayed on screen was "Money was unable to load the registration library (dll)." I get this error when trying to run Microsoft money 2006.Unfortunately, I can't find the original CD to reinstall it.

re: MS Money was unable to load the registration library (dll)

I have also read about this problem on some of the blogs where they have clearly mentioned that to fix this, you should completely reinstall Microsoft Money. This means uninstalling it first from your system and then reinstalling. This error can occur after uninstalling programs or due to compatibility issues (for example, some people using Webroot Spysweeper will experience it).

One thing that I left out of the original post was that I have always run Money Plus off-line instead of going on-line. The agent had me remove "all" previous editions of Money from my computer and still that did not work - (we, shut down, run regsvr32 msxml4.dll, regsvr32 msxml3.dll, regsvr32 msxml.dll, installed windows install cleanup, deleted the download and tried again). cope the following files to the MNTCoreFiles directory within MS Money on your hard drive:

eularegn.dll
    wkernlng.dll

This problem was resolved by uninstalling Money and again re-installing it. On the first launch of the new install, it went through the process of downloading and installing a bunch of updates then after restart, Installed Money Plus 2009 on Windows 7 Build 7048 x64. Installed with no problems and on initial run it requested to update. Completed the update with no problem. Then when attempted to run the program it looks like it is going to open, the splash screen appears and then the program exits immediately. Attempted to run it in Vista SP1 and XP SP3 compatibility mode but that didn't do anything.