Thread: Hows Vista for embedded Devices.

Hows Vista for embedded Devices.

Hi as you all know i am currently using Windows Xp operating system. Now i am planning to change it Windows Vista. But i need to use it with some embedded devices as well and am confused in the versions of Vista, i mean which Vista should i buy. Vista Business, Vista Ultimate,... like so. Could you guys suggest me which Vista would be best for the embedded devices ?

Re: Hows Vista for embedded Devices.

Windows Vista Business for Embedded Systems operating system provides infrastructure improvements that enable you to spend less time on the day-to-day maintenance of embedded devices and more time adding value to applications. Build in a familiar environment while improving existing or creating new embedded devices.

Designed from the ground up to improve the deployment and management of the operating system, Windows Vista Business for Embedded Systems provides manageability, reliability, and security features to ensure your embedded devices are always up-to-date, more secure, and running smoothly. Built-in protection against malicious software, impending hardware failures notification, and an array of sophisticated new backup technologies are all features of Windows Vista Business for Embedded Systems.

Combining the advanced infrastructure of a business-focused operating system and the digital entertainment features of a consumer-focused operating system

Windows Vista Ultimate for Embedded Systems provides new levels of protection against theft of important business data stored on the embedded device and access to multilanguage support. It also helps reduce application migration and compatibility costs, making your Windows-based embedded device more versatile, as well as providing a safety net for operating-system migration.

The view for Embedded Systems supports most often used by families of the architecture editor of PC give you the flexibility to easily migrate custom operating systems and applications. With Windows Vista for Embedded Systems, the equipment makers the assurance of an IP of the life cycle and life of the Product Support compensation of 10 years and access to specific product support teams in a global ecosystem of resources.

Unlike the Windows Embedded operating system is Windows Vista for Embedded Systems is not a componentized offering and the image is not customized by the developer. Windows Vista for Embedded System was designed for the desktop but is available to be draw-function or dedicated embedded systems.