Thread: Can i avoid mrxsmb.sys File During XP Setup

Can i avoid mrxsmb.sys File During XP Setup

Hello, I am trying to install the Windows Xp on my Dell Computer , the problem the windows xp setup cannot copy the mrxsmb.sys file ,during the installation , i tried to restart the installation several times , but i get the same error message ,it is possible that mrxsmb.sys file can be bypassed during the windows xp pro installation, is this a system file , or that really neccesary to continue with it, please guide me thanks in advance

Re: Can i avoid mrxsmb.sys File During XP Setup

Hello , it might be possible that the cd you are using can be a damaged one
    You can use any other disk or you may , you can contact your dealer to provide a worry a free replacement of this cd

Hello , You Can Try reinstalling again but this time you should select the full format option (not the FAST option). It is likely but sometime this is also a reason for not copying files as sometime the file are not copied to error on hard drive, full format will identify and prevent errors on your hard drive.

Hello , I had a similar problem with the following message: that Setup can not copy the file iaStor.sys, I had verify the cd of Windows XP and CDROM drive. both were free of any error , my problem was a bad setting in the bios in connection with my sata hard drive. so I do not know if it can help you but you can check in your bios, it may not be much difficult