Thread: reader_sl continues to run under Task Manager

reader_sl continues to run under Task Manager

I never sees Reader_sl among the startup items, but in taskmanager it runs under the Tab "process" header before on my computer and it's not present in the 'start menu' startup folder either. How can I remove it from startup -- I know one way is to uncheck it in msconfig, but that's not the appropriate way;Also I want to know whether it is a system process or user process and is it because of some error in any program exe, virus or worm. why is it present in the startup items in the first place? Could anybody please tell me how to remove it through adobe reader or any other proper way?

Re: reader_sl continues to run under Task Manager

'reader_sl.exe' is not a worm or virus. I think its belong to any reader program or executable program. Reader_sl.exe is a program file which is was most likely installed on your computer with your web browser. Try to remove it from task manager tab process and see the what message is give. If its give as access denied then don’t remove it. It is belonging to system. Or else this file location should be at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

'reader_sl.exe' is belonging to adobe acrobat speed lunch.It is used to save time at lunch time of adobe application, (PDF files) when viewing in your browser. This program is called Adobe Reader Speed Launch and it is from Adobe corporation. This program is considered safe and is not spyware or adware.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Speed Launch. Windows 2000/XP/2003 startup item created when you install Adobe Acrobat Reader 7. Some malware camouflage themselves as Reader_sl.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus to check the Reader_sl.exe process on your pc whether it is pest. You need to go to Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security.