Thread: set the virtual memory on a flash memory

set the virtual memory on a flash memory

Hi fellas
    In order to dodge the physical delay i made an attempt to set the virtual memory from the control panel on a 2GB flash memory by setting the complete paging files on the flash, while I switch to another program whose parts are in in the virtual memory.but to no avail. I even removed the flash memory
    and the computer works strangley.
    what i have to do to optimize the computer?

thanks.....

Re: set the virtual memory on a flash memory

The paging file is the area on the hard disk that Windows consider as if it were RAM,Originally Windows stores this file on the same partition as the Windows system files, by moving this file to a different partition you can experience the speed difference with your computer
    so in order to do this...

1. Log on to the computer as Administrator.
    2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    3. Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
    4. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance, click Settings.
    5. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Virtual memory, click Change.
    6. In the Drive [Volume Label] list, click a drive other than the one on which Windows is installed (Windows is usually installed on the drive C). Under Total paging file size for all drives, note the value that is displayed next to Recommended.
    7. Click Custom size, and then type the recommended value in the Initial size (MB) box.
    8. Type the maximum size that you want to allow for paging in the Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.
    9. In the Drive [Volume Label] box, click the drive on which Windows is installed (usually the drive C), and then use one of the following steps:
    * If you do not want a paging file on the drive, click No paging file, and then click Set. A message similar to the following message appears:
    If the pagefile on volume C: has an initial size of less than 126 megabytes, then the system may not be able to create a debugging information file if a STOP error occurs.
    Continue anyway?
    Click Yes.

* If you want to keep the minimum size of the paging file on the drive, click Custom size, and then type a value that is equal to or greater than the amount of RAM in the computer in the Initial size (MB) box. Type that same value in the Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.
    10. The following message appears:
    The changes you have made require you to restart your computer before they can take effect.
    Click OK, click OK, click OK, and then click Yes when you are prompted to restart the computer.

Dr. V Guest

If your operating system is vista move the page files by procedure below
    Right-click Computer on Start Menu,and opt Properties. Choose Advanced system settings and click the Settings button in the Performance section of the Advanced tab.Select the Advanced tab in the Performance Options window,and Change button in the Virtual memory section. after Un checking Automatically manage paging file size for all drives, move paging file1.PNG

Highlight the C drive, select No paging file, and then click the Set button. Ignore all warnings while doing this choose the destination drive you want to move the paging file to, select system managed size, and then click the Set button.

done...reboot the computer

hii friends i did a trick added that a swap file on the systemn drive
    so that i can store some debugging information in case of a crash.also am getting a better performance now..
    thank you guys..........