Thread: Wireless Printing with Vista Problem

Wireless Printing with Vista Problem

I have an hp printer which is hooked up to desktop pc which is running Windows XP and over the network I am sharing it. When I try to print from a dell laptop wirelessly which is running Vista Home Premium, the printer shows up fine but if I try to print something nothing happens. If I try to print by hooking it up via Usb cable it prints fine but it is not working wireless. I also tried different Vista Compatible Drivers and also the old drivers but nothing worked. So can anyone tell me how to solve wireless printing problems with Vista. Thank you

Re: Wireless Printing with Vista Problem

Many Vista printer issues are solved by installing the printer as a Local Printer. You have to buy a wireless or wired printer adapter. This is a device which receives wireless signals and converts them into files ready for printing (in short). This adapter is a small dedicated computer because there is a lot more needed than merely connecting cables.

I hade the same Wireless Printing with XP and Vista problem. So I went to the HP help site and was able to resolve the issue by resetting the IP address on the laptop to what was listed as the address used by my printer. If you are using a wireless bridge to your printer you will need to obtain the address from the router.
    Here is the link to HP help (it is specific for my printer) but it appears to me that it more a problem with Vista.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=45092&lang=en

If you want to get Wireless printing working in Vista you have to set the printer sharing on the Desktop, and installed the printer drivers on you Laptop. This way you can solve Vista network printing problem or you can even view some suggestions given in similar topics Wireless Network Printing - Printer Communication Failure in Vista to get your problem get solved.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600