Thread: issch.exe - What is it?

issch.exe - What is it?

I currently have a small problem with my computer, I will detail:

To solve a problem installing scanner I was asked to delete the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield my computer.
    Unfortunately deleting the file an error appears saying that Windows can not delete the file because the file issch.exe is in use. So I checked with Ctrl-Alt-Delete and the file is actually in the process.

Should I therefore remove it, it is important to the functioning of the system? Is it normal that it is in the process, etc?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Re: issch.exe - What is it?

issch.exe is part of Installshield, a program that can be used for software on your PC to install.

More concretely state issch.exe for updating the Installshield software. Although this process is not system critical, you can not eliminate the best if you do not mind having it.

This process is a component of? InstallShield. InstallShield is a tool for a Windows application to create a wizard of installation. You typically use this kind of Wizard to define the folder where you installed an application, if an icon must be created on the desktop, etc.. This process is used to update an application using InstallShield.

Solution for your problem, is to remove the Install Shield folder. Start Windows Explorer.

• Navigate to the folder C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Install Shield.
    • Right-click on the folder, then click Delete from the menu.
    • When the confirmation message appears, click Yes.
    • Restart your computer.