Thread: Tempkey.log system hidden files

Tempkey.log system hidden files

I have very strange problem with my computer, when i restart my computer, i am able to see the login window, and the boot screen but latter on i am not able to see my desktop icon, my computer screen goes blank but i am able to access my whole computer through start window, when i created a log file i found different log file which i had never come across before, that log file name refers to Tempkey.log file but when i search for this file not able to see that file anywhere in the system, does this file remain hide in the system folder. and is this problem related to that file.

Re: Tempkey.log system hidden files

You could check for the Tempkey.log file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\? it's a file from windows (a log file) if you are not able to see the hidden files then you need to go to control panel -> Folder option select for the "show all hidden files" then go an check for the above log file on the above mentioned location.

Re: Tempkey.log system hidden files

You may tried booting it by puting the boot.ini, ntldr, and ntdetect.com files on a floppy and then using NERO to transfer them to a CD,but it won't take the CD with out going to the black screen like it normally does.The transaction log files are a record of changes made to the Registry since the system has been up. So it looks to me I can't boot up even through a CD-Rom. Changes made to the Registry are written to the log files first. The log file is reset when changes have been written to the Registry.I'm trying to figure out if I can get to the "recovery console." I tryed to get into debugging mode but the screen went blank to then.