Thread: Switch back from Vista64 to Vista32 bit

Switch back from Vista64 to Vista32 bit

When i purchased my new laptop, it was installed with 32 bit Vista Home Ultimate, but later i upgrade my computer to Vista x64. I installed the 64 bit version on a second hard drive and everything that I had installed worked fine so I went ahead and activated the x64 disk. I had to do this via telephone because I had previously activated the 32 bit version. But later i find the difficulty working with the x64 and the difficulty that i could not run some programs which i need to run on my windows.

Re: Switch back from Vista64 to Vista32 bit

Here i will share my experience with you, but in my case i had Vista64 which is then switch over to Vista32.

Vista 64 is a much better 64-bit OS than XP 64-bit. I expect significant compatibility issues with Photoshop CS2 and some basic programs such as itunes, MS Office, etc (IDK about your specific programs, though MS Office at least should be fine) Since Vista x64 is being used by more people (compared to XP x64) I'd say go with Vista. If you want 64-bit, Vista is probably a better option.It required some tweaking but in the end the 64-bit got a nice performance improvement over 32-bit.

In my code I had to convert some data types back to 32-bit manually, so that 64-bit wasn't requiring more bandwidth compared to 32-bit. Certainly Using a DDR2 motherboard outfitted with it is possible.Since of course the strength of 64-bit IS large memory addressing. Some stuff is faster in 64-bit as-is, because it can take advantage of new features like the extra registers.Vista 64 is arguably the best and most stable platform out there right now, so we are probably having a hard time believing you're going to better off going to 32 bit.

If your problem is 64-bit, then getting XP 64-bit isn't going to solve your problem,With 64-bit, it runs smoothly and has been far more reliable. (64-bit has to do with the size of the numbers the computer deals with (including the number of memory addresses it can handle), not the way the OS looks or behaves).you will need to do a clean install. If you are currently running a 32-bit version of Windows, you can only perform an upgrade to another 32-bit version of Windows.I.E xp to xp or Vista to Vista.