Thread: Install Recovery Console in XP Boot Menu

Install Recovery Console in XP Boot Menu

One of my friend having Windows Xp computer has installed the recovery console to his system's boot menu. I think that is very useful, in order to start the recovery console rather than inserting the Windows cd rom and then start the Recovery Console to fix the computer's issue. As you all might be know from my previous queries that i also have Windows Xp and i would like to install recovery console to my boot menu as well. Could any one of make me know how to do the same ?

Re: Install Recovery Console in XP Boot Menu

This is really good to install the recovery console to the hard drive so that we can use it anytime rather than searching for the Windows cd. Well, now to do that, just go through this simple steps:-

1. First of all insert the Xp cd in the Cd or DVD drive and go to the start menu and run Command prompt.

2. Type this code in the command prompt and press Enter:-

G:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons
    Here G is my CD drive.

3. You will see a pop up notification here. It is to confirm that you really want to do this or not. Click on Yes.

4. After few minutes you will get the message that “Windows Recovery Console has been successfully installed”.

5. Now just restart the system and you are done. Now enjoy recovery console directly from the boot menu.

Dr. V Guest

Click Start, click Run, type CD drive letter:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons, and then click OK. Just restart the computer to start using the Recovery Console directly in the computer without the CD.

Once you have installed the recovery console in the boot menu, you will see it in the list of boot option choices at start up.

Thanks for sharing this useful info guys.. It really very useful trick for the Xp user as i am. I am also gonna do this so that it i'll not be aware of searching the XP CD.