Thread: What is Mediafour and Xplay

What is Mediafour and Xplay

While working to day morning on my Vista system, suddenly i got an error from my windows saying,"Windows Desktop Manager Stopped working". In workaround i found that it is the cause of Mediafour's Xplay. In addition i was suggested on line to install the Updated version 3.11 of Xplay. I wanted to know here is What is this Mediafour and Xplay ? I din't heard it before.

Re: What is Mediafour and Xplay

Mediafour and MacDrive are trademarks, and XPlay is a registered trademark, of Mediafour Corporation. Mediafour XPlay is the best-known app on the market that syncs your iPod with a Windows PC.XPlay lacks novel features, such as Web-page syncing.From copying music off your iPod to copying photos on, XPlay fills in the holes giving you more power to manage your music, photos and more.XPlay gives you direct access to your iPod, meaning when you plug in your iPod it is listed as a drive on your system. Now that power is added for iPhone and iPod touch users. There is no application, no middle man to get in the way. Simply click on your iPod and start organizing.XPlay includes MacDrive technology enabling you to use both Mac and Windows formatted iPods with any XP or Vista computer. You also get management options. While XPlay is the perfect complement to iTunes, XPlay also makes it possible to use your iPod with Windows Media Player or Vista Media Center.

Dr. V Guest

XPlay integrates your iPod with Windows Media Player 11 giving you the power to manage your music and photos with more than iTunes.

While working to day morning on my Vista system, suddenly i got an error from my windows saying,"Windows Desktop Manager Stopped working".
    Regarding this error, one of my friend has spoken to the Mediafour's support, as he also faced the same problem some months ago and he got replied that it is apparently form the Microsoft's side. they has erroneously linked XPlay to a failure that occurs in another vendors software application. The "Problems Reports & Solutions" feature in Windows Vista checks with Microsoft servers to gather the data for the report it displayed to you. The error is in the data they store on their servers.

The updated XPlay 2.0.11 is compatible with Windows Media Player 10, plus supports updating and restoring all iPods with the latest iPod software releases. Additionally, XPlay 2.0.11 works with the new iTunes 4.7, which was released October 26th.Since XPlay doesn't offer a standard user interface, you reach most controls by right-clicking songs or folders. you can right-click to adjust a song's volume, designate an equalizer preset, or adjust a tune's start or stop times--unlike EphPod, which doesn't let you tweak sound or volume settings. Alas, XPlay overwrites your settings the next time you autosynchronize your files.