Thread: Tcpip.sys error 0xc0000428

Tcpip.sys error 0xc0000428

okay so i'm new here and i just wondered if anybody had a possible fix for me without using a vista disc.

i'm on vista x64 and i downloaded some stupid tcpip patch which did nothing except make it impossible to boot up my system in any mode except when i boot up in disable driver signature enforcements and in that mode i can only stay on for a maximum of 10 seconds after the log on screen.

so...is there anything I can do to fix what i've done? any help would be awesome because this is really pissin me off

Re: tcpip.sys error 0xc0000428

Boot with Windows installation CD >select Language.> Click Repair…
    File: \Windows\System32\drivers\tcpip.sys
    the error status is regarding 0xc0000428 this regarding to above file so some time it is possible windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.

press F8 while system starts up, which will display Vista Advanced Boot Options startup menu. Then select to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

download and install this ReadyDriver Plus 1.1.In Windows Vista ReadyDriver Plus manages to permanently disable driver signing enforcement ,select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option in the Advanced Boot Options.

Microsoft has released plenty of versions of tcpip.sys, this will help to run different versions of Windows Vista TCP/IP but UAC Auto Patcher will work only on certain version of Windows Vista, depending on the variant of tcpip.sys installed.Windows Vista TCP/IP (tcpip.sys) and UAC Auto Patcher will simply processes the simple batch command script that automatically replaces and overwrites original tcpip.sys in WindowsSystem32Drivers folder with a patched tcpip.sys version, to check the version of tcpip.sys, navigate to \Windows\System32\drivers folder, right click on tcpip.sys and select “Properties”, and the version info will be listed in “Details” pane.

I have the same issue after trying to open up some ports as well, is my only option going to be re-installing vista?

Re: Tcpip.sys error 0xc0000428

There are 2 reasons or causes that 0xc0000428 stop error. One of the main reasons is the file system of Windows Vista kernel has been corrupted or modified for third-party programs that can be potentially a virus too. To solve this problem, this type, insert the Windows Vista installation DVD to DVD-ROM disc tray, and then boot up the computer from the DVD. Choose the Startup Repair option is Recovery Environment automatically scans and replaces damaged or invalid files in the system.

Re: Tcpip.sys error 0xc0000428

I've just experienced the same problem while cleaning my pc. I've tried to do as Sam.D suggests, but the damn machine won't take his advice seriously. Nothing seems to work, because whatever tricks I use, the pc starts all over, goes down and starts all over a.s.o.
    As you can see I have another device with exactly the same configuration, but even trying to transfer data from this to the damaged one doesn't work.
    Any suggstions?
    Kindly,
    Holger