Thread: Volume too low on Vista, How to increase

Volume too low on Vista, How to increase

I am not much familiar with Windows Vista computer as i just bought it last week. I liked it all features except the one -- Its volume. I found Vista's volume is very slow when yesterday i was trying to listen one of my company's speech audio. I tried to increase it form volume icon in start bar and from windows media. Is there any way to increase the volume, no matter any format ? Please help.

Re: Volume too low on Vista, How to increase

In Windows Vista, the Volume Mixer is capable of managing sound settings for each multimedia application installed on your PC.Isn't there a MIXER selection underneath the slider and mute button. If you want to make individual application settings, click on the Mixer link.the Volume Mixer will load a list of all the running multimedia applications.To configure the sound settings for each application move the level up or down. To mute/unmute an application, just click on the speaker button beneath it. i would like to tell you that even monitors matters in sound if they have built in speakers.You had to turn volume all the way up just to here at a normal level. Sound quailty and volume are poor on most lcd monitors these days. If you want to make individual application settings, click on the Mixer link.

You can’t extend a volume with the space of another volume that’s been formatted. You need to delete the volume and use the unallocated space of the deleted volume to extend the volume. Or try plugging speakers and headphones directly into computer on the back of box (computer) and see if that makes a difference.

i think Volume Mixer is the best fix for this issue. The Volume Mixer not only delivers sound settings for the output devices, but additionally centralizes the volume settings for the applications installed on the operating system. This singular menu contains the mixer levels for each output device and for each application.

If your Vista speaker volume is too low, download and install the HD sound driver for your computer (this may not be necessary). In Control Panel (classic view) click Sounds. Click the speaker icon in the box. Click Properties at the bottom right of the box. In the Speakers Properties box click Advanced. Scroll down to 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality) or possibly others will work also, so you might play around with them. In my machine this increased speaker volume from the CD quality setting at the top of the list. Good luck.