Thread: File transfer and deletion too slow in Windows 7 RC

File transfer and deletion too slow in Windows 7 RC

Hey Guys!
    I have downloaded the Windows 7 RC build and i'm not happy with it. Whenever i copy something it takes ages to start copying. It just sticks on preparing to copy. Samething happens while deleting files. When i try to initialize file transfer from network, it just kills the explorer.exe's stability and i have to restart the process or it will just remain freezed. It this a common issue or is there something wrong with my computer? Help Guys! Thanks in advance...

Re: File transfer and deletion too slow in Windows 7 RC

Hey!
    I have the same problem too. I didn't have this problem at first in the beta build 7000. But then i upgraded my Windows 7 built to 7057 which brought the bug along...! So i switched to Windows 7 build 7000 by clean installing it. Now even the build 7000 had this issue. Finally installed RC on 6th May, but still the same problem. Isn't there a fix for it yet? Help guys!

Hey!
    I have the same problem with my Windows Vista. So i switched to Windows XP. I was about to install Windows 7 RC but was a bit hesitant, so wanted to survey a bit. But now RC build has the same issue, so i'll stick to Windows XP till it is resolved... I can install RC later when there is a fix...! Thanks Again. If anyone has a work around do post.

Hey!
    This is a common issue that is inherited from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Beta build 7000 and later. I thought this might have been fixed in build 7100 RC, but you are the first one to report that this issue still exists... This is a common issue and RC versions too are beta versions but in the final testing stage. Lets hope it would be solved in the final RTM release...

Down Re: File transfer and deletion too slow in Windows 7 RC

just installed retail version of 7...

g-d dam its slow...

transfering my vista files from a secondary internal to the primay,
    im getting for a 33.2 gig transfer...

23 hours time
    505KB/ Second... yep

SATA Quadcore 2.6 6 gigs 64 bit... WTF???

Looking for a fix or something...

Look for driver updates. They may be helpful. Also have a look at these links :
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-fil...ent/909759.htm
    slow-file transfer
    Patch installation program under Windows 7

Up until today i had win7 on my laptop and Vista on my desktop. File transfer via ethernet cable was fast (1gig). Then today i installed Win7 on my desktop and the file transfer speed dropped to almost nothing.

To cut a long story short, i disabled the wireless networking via control panel/network and transfer speed shot back up. I just transferred 25gigs of files in less than 8 minutes.

This may be of some help to some, although it still doesnt explain why file transfer is so sloooow via wireless.

I had similar network file transfer problems on a new Dell XPS Win7-64-bit workstation on my wired home network.

Most of these threads suggested disabling Remote Data Compression or Autotuning, detaching from my homegroup, or disabling IPv6.

What worked for me: Disable "Large Send Offload v2" both IPv4 and IPv6. On the Network Sharing Center, click on "Local Area Network", then "Properties", then "Configure", "Advanced Tab". About halfway down the left listbox, select "Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4)" and "...(IPv6)", and choose Disabled in the right box. Leave the first "Large Send Offload (IPv4)" (not v2!) enabled.

No reboot was necessary.
    Cross-posting because this suggestion was not common, but so many seemed to have similar problems to mine and the RDC or autotuning suggestions didn't work. Hope this helps.