Thread: Windows 7 doesn't show start menu or taskbar

Windows 7 doesn't show start menu or taskbar

Hey Everybody,

Just few days back i had installed Windows 7 on my pc. I had downloaded the original copy of Windows 7 from the official Microsoft website. Recently i had seen a strange problem on my pc. I have noticed that from last two days whenever i switch on my pc, Windows 7 doesn't show its start menu as well as it taskbar on the desktop screen. I have also noticed that all my desktop items were also missing on the screen. Can any body tell me that how can i get my start menu as well as the taskbar and all the desktop item back on my pc? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above problem.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Windows 7 doesn't show start menu or taskbar

Hey you can either restore your computer by clicking Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->System Restore or by just Pressing Alt-->Ctrl-->Del key and by selecting system restore and that will restore your system.

The problem appears to be the ‘Start Menu window’ been moved to another location, mysteriously and for unknown reason. In order to fix and restore Start Menu to its original default and “by right” position, unlock the Taskbar (by unticking Lock the taskbar option when right clicking on empty space of Taskbar), and then move the Taskbar to another position on desktop (can be to the left, right or top position), before drag it back to original bottom of the screen position. Once Windows Taskbar is back to position, Start Menu will be recovered and reverted to its default location, i.e. above the Taskbar.

Now,you can try to change any customization option of Start Menu (right click on Start Menu button and choose Properties, and then click on Customize button). Apply the change. Then, revert the change back to original settings.

Press Ctrl+Esc this should display the task bar and the start menu. Then, Right click on the task bar and then on the pop up menu click on properties to bring up Taskbar and Start Menu Properties. Check box to Lock the task bar and if the Auto hide is still checked, uncheck that one. Then try to Check box to keep task bar on top of other windows then check box is group in a similar task bar buttons.