Thread: How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows 7

How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows 7

Hey Guys!
    I desperately need help... I brought Windows 7 RC dvd from a friend and copied it to my computer. I did not make the image, just created a folder and copied the dvd contents to it. Well now i realised that if i burn it, the dvd won't be bootable. How do i make a dvd bootable with the files on my hard disk? Can anyone help me!? I want to try Windows 7 on my new computer. I've waited too long since beta was out. thanks in advance...

Re: How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows 7

Hey!
    What is the current OS of your computer? If your computer is currently loaded with Vista you can directly Run Setup.exe from the copied files and that will start the Windows 7 setup. You can then choose to upgrade the Vista to Windows 7 or you can install Windows 7 on a new partition which will be dual boot... Hope this helps you...! All the best!

Hey!
    Thanks for the reply. Well i've copied windows 7's dvd content on the machine with vista, but i don't want to install Windows 7 on this computer, I've a new computer on which i need to install Windows 7. Help guys! Isn't any way i can make Windows 7 bootable DVD with the files that i already have on my PC? Help!!

Hey!
    I would suggest, you use a flash drive to boot and install Windows 7 instead of bootable DVD. You can do that with the help of these threads :
    Install Windows 7 from a USB Flash Drive
    Install Windows 7 from USB
    How to create Windows 7 bootable pendrive
    Installing Windows 7 without using a DVD or USB
    Boot Your Windows PC Using USB Stick As a Key

-OR-

you can use this thread to make a bootable DVD for windows 7 : How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows Vista...?? This topic is for Windows Vista. But you can use the same for Windows 7 as Windows 7 is based on Windows Vista. You will need to work a bit on it... If you make it successfully do post a guide. All the best!

Hey people, i'm a typical 15yr old trying to sort out my Vaio laptop with vista, so i tried this to create a bootable vista dvd. Using the very same procedure to make a windows 7 bootable dvd, just change the command prompt
    ''cdimage.exe -l7_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bd:\seven\boot\etfsboot.com c:\seven\ d:\windor7x86.iso''
    It's currently writing, 19% complete. I got no errors, i'll post back when it's done burning to dvd and booted properly. Hope it works.

With an installed Nero you can find under the tab Data the possibility of a bootable data DVD create. The data required for the boot sector Nero automatically provides. You just have to select the content to be burned. Of course, the burning to folder structure as on the original DVD-Win7 be constructed so that the installation routine may run later in the install properly. You can also try using iso file of any other Windows disc and burn the same.

I want to make a DVD of windows7 which is bootable & also format a computer so what to do?

To create a bootable disc you will need to find ISO file of Windows 7 operating system. Later on you have to burn that on a DVD using a ISO burner or any other tool and boot the same from DVD. To boot press F12 to get Bios boot menu. Choose CD/DVD and hit enter. Wait for sometime. When the system boot click on install > choose os version > and proper partition. Remember that the partition will be formatted completely.

The most easiest way to create bootable disc is via iso file. You can just create a iso file via bootable disc. There are ample of tools available for that. Like Nero or ISO Maker. This are easy to use tools which can create a backup of exact image files. Later on you can use Magic ISO burner to create a disc. If you go with the manual method there are chances the CD/DVDwill boot or not. So using a automated process is much better.