Thread: Disable login password protection in Windows 7

Disable login password protection in Windows 7

I am having a windows 7 computer at my home. Whenever i start the computer, by default, I required to present login password credentials in order to proceed, where i am the only user on this PC. So i need to disable this feature and automatically login. How can i do that ?

Re: Disable login password protection in Windows 7

Yeah, it becomes irritating for the single user on windows 7. So here is how to log in to Windows 7 without entering any user name or password .

1. In the run menu type control userpasswords2.

2. Just press WIN + R to get the RUN menu.

3. The user accounts windows will now open up.

4. Look for the option saying " Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer " and uncheck this option and press "OK".

5. Now a windows opens up asking you to enter the current password you use to log in to Windows 7. Enter the password and confirm. Done!.

From now on when you boot to Windows you will not be asked or prompted to enter the user name and password. This can also save a couple of seconds while starting Windows.

This only saves some seconds of your time, but i think you must keep it on to protect your Pc from Unauthorized access by others.

userpasswords2 gets me nowhere and going through Control Panel to User Accounts I don't see "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." what the....?

This should get you to the same place! Uncheck the box and apply/ok.

You're all making it too complicated. Go to "Change Windows Password". It will ask you to type your password, then there are two lines for your new one. Just leave them blank and click OK. Log off. Log on. Voila! Goes right to desktop. When your computer "sleeps" you will just need to hit Return to bring up your desktop.

Just remove the login password.

happykaka Guest

You can also take use of third part utility. Such as Windows Password Unlocker. It is very smart to reset windows password. With this tool, you can reset the password with following steps:
    1. Login to a computer that can link to Internet. Download Windows Password Unlocker 4.0 and decompress it on that PC. Note that: there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD.

2 Get out the newly created CD and insert it to the locked computer.

3 re-booted the locked computer and then followed the process of instructions. Just a few steps, the old password was removed.'''

4 Setting new password:

Step one: Open the "Control Panel"

Step two: Click the "User Account "

Step three: Select the account you wanna to set a new password.

Step four: Click "changing Account " and "set up password", then fill out the form as listed. Click "Create Password".

Thus, you have a personal login ID and Password, any one has no right to login to your computer with out this info.

Expertz advice worked for starting up the computer, but it doesn't work when you put the computer in Standby. When it wakes from standby, the logon screen is there.

Is there a way to stop the logon screen appearing when waking from standby?

Ah, the solution is simple! I was so busy working on complex solutions for startup that I thought the solution for waking up out of standby would be hard too!

Here's the solution to disable login password screen when waking from standby:

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > select the plan you want to change > then select it in the box > Require password on wakeup > On battery > No, Plugged in > No.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkcomputer View Post
    userpasswords2 gets me nowhere and going through Control Panel to User Accounts I don't see "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." what the....?
    Which operating system are using ? Make sure you are typing "Control userpasswords2" (without quote). Am using windows 7 and when i type the same, windows opens a dialog like this ):

Am using Windows 7 32 Bit.. Whats yours ?

Sandrabullock Guest

You can also do this job with SmartKey Windows Password Recovery,a professional tool designed for resetting local administrator and domain passwords on any Windows system.

Things you need:
    1. Relax and trust this software can help you out of the trouble
    2. A blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive
    3. A bootable CD/DVD-ROM drive..
    4. Go to SmartKey Password Recovery Official site

The step-by-step guideline:
    Step 1: Download Windows Password Recovery Tool
    Step 2: Create a Windows 7 password reset disk
    Step 3: Reset forgotten Windows 7 password

I know this is an old thread but i am having a similar problem -
    that is - my new laptop is opening on the login page - I want it to open to the desktop - there is a list of accounts and i must click on the desired account. Thing is there is only one accoutn - Admin - and there is no password - all of the instructions i have been able to find for getting rid of the log in page involve entering a prexisting password.

I followed the instructions anyway -and was promted to create a password - which i did -

NO CHANGE

computer still opens to the logon page where i must select the account from a choice of one - i just have to click on it as there is no password but i don't want to open to this page - please help -
    also - I have another computer on the homegroup also running Windows 7 which does not have this problem.

Thanks

Can you try to go to run menu and type control userpasswords2. After that just press WIN + R to get the RUN menu and a user accounts windows will open up. Check for the option ”Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” and uncheck this option and press “OK”. Lastly a windows opens up asking you to enter the current password you use to log in to Windows 7, so just enter the password and confirm. And from next time you wont get the annoying prompt to put password again.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Well the funny thing is - there is no password in the first place.
    But success!
    I had to reboot and it worked!
    Thanks for the quick response!

I was trying to install thunderbird today but an admin password is required to install them and i don't have any of those info nor set them before. I figured it out myself how to get rid of this bugger lol! To disable your system password, try these steps:

1. go to programs---accessories---run--type in control passwords2 and press enter
    2. a username name tab (or whatever it's called) will appear and click the advanced tab
    3. under advanced user management, click advanced tab. u should see a box with title on top "lusrmgr" [local users and groups (Local)]
    4. click administrator and give it a name.change your password and confirm.
    5. you should be able to install programs that required an admin password.

Just sharing...in case you encountered the same problem like mine.It literally prohibits me to install programs like mozilla,thunderbird,dropbox,and a lot more. Now i installed them all successfully with the password i assigned to the admin login info. Kudos!

The best solution seems to be to use 'netplwiz'-
    Perhaps the explaination was not totally clear-
    In windows7:
    1- click the windows orb on bottom left of the screen
    2- type 'netplwiz' in the 'search programs and files' box
    3- select 'netplwiz' from the search results;
    5- a dialogue box opens 'user accounts'.
    6- uncheck the checkbox 'users must enter a password'
    7- click OK

This worked easily for me...

You can do that simply by removing a password in your admin account, or removing any account from Control Panel > User account. Once all accounts and password are removed you can access Windows directly. Also at the time of fresh installation do not put any password in the system. The next time when you reboot system it boots directly to desktop. While if you add a account and empty password you can see the login screen.

Hello, you can try remove Windows 7 password by lusrmgr.msc, just type “lusrmgr. msc” in the Search box and follow the instruction. Or you can use some Windows password recovery tool. There are many, you can search on Google