Thread: Error: "SYSTEM RESTORE Restoration Incomplete Your Computer cannot be restored"

Error: "SYSTEM RESTORE Restoration Incomplete Your Computer cannot be restored"

hi,

When I tried to perform system restore for my home computer, I received the following error message : "SYSTEM RESTORE Restoration Incomplete Your Computer cannot be restored". Why this error message ? and how do I fix it ?

Can anybody help me repairing this error message ? thanx

Re: Error: "SYSTEM RESTORE Restoration Incomplete Your Computer cannot be restored"

Kindly take the following steps to avoid this problem.

Install the latest Service Pack (SP) for Windows XP.
    • SP1 fixes the locked files issue
    • SP2 include bug fixes for System Restore.

Avoid improper shutdowns. Shutting the power off to a Windows system system while Windows is running can cause files to be deleted or corrupted, particularly if System Restore happens to be in the process of creating a restore point or updating the SR log.
    • Use the Start Menu and choose Turn Off Computer then Turn Off.

Avoid power failures and brownouts.
    • Install a battery backup.
    • At a minimum shut down the system in foul weather and unplug it from the power source and disconnect the modem from the wall.

Do not manually modifying files located in the System Volume Information folder on any drive/partition. These folders are Super hidden for very good reason.

Re: Error: "SYSTEM RESTORE Restoration Incomplete Your Computer cannot be restored"

This indicates a corrupted restore point. Restore Point Corruption can be caused by:

• Virus infection.
    • Spyware/Malware infection.
    • Improper shutdown.
    • Software or hardware that cause the system to “stop responding” or hang.
    • Applications that interfere with the System Restore filter. In particular, poorly written Anti Virus applications.
    • Using Norton GoBack to restore files before Windows starts.
    • Due to changes made to files on a system from another OS (in the case of dual boot OS scenarios).
    • Due to changes made to an System Restore tracked file on a removable drive for a restore point while the drive was connected to another machine.
    • Due to manually modifying files located in the System Volume Information folder on any drive/partition.

Make note of these points as well -
    If Real Player is installed on the system, then update to the latest version.
    If Cenatek RAMDisk is installed, disable system restore from monitoring the RAMDisk partition.
    If you are using Kaspersky Antivirus version 5, it has been proven to delete restore points.