Thread: Where do i download gOS

Where do i download gOS

Hey!
    I have heard that Google has developed a linux based Operating system known as gOS. Can anyone provide some detail about it? like its features and system requirement? And if possible also post the download link...! I have always been intrested in try out different linux...! So i guess i was ignorant about this from a long time...! Thanks for any help...!

Re: Where do i download gOS

Hey!
    gOS or good OS is an Ubuntu-based Linux distribution created by 'Good OS LLC', a Los Angeles-based corporation and not 'Google'. The company initially advertised it as An alternative OS with Google Apps and other Web 2.0 apps for the modern user. This first version gOS (1.0.1_386) was based on Ubuntu 7.10 and the Enlightenment window manager E17.
    On January 7, 2008, a test version (2.0.0-beta1) of gOS, intended to demonstrate the Everex CloudBook at the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show, and named "gOS Rocket", was released. This version was also E17 based. The definitive second version of gOS debuted at the end February 2008, together with the launch of Everex's new CloudBook, the gBook laptop, and a new, second version of the gPC, the "encore". This version was called gOS V2 Rocket, and was completely rewritten and now based on the GNOME window manager, a built in Compositing window manager, and the Avant Window Navigator.
    On April 6, 2008, Good OS launched a publicly available version of gOS, called gOS 2.9 "Space", intended for the gPC mini, This version is based on Compiz fusion, Gnome, and the Avant Window Navigator dock manager, but also uses E17 code. It has a Dock with a "stack" very much like the "fan view" of Mac OS X v10.5.
    On September 23, 2008 Good OS launched gOS 3 Gadgets, which is described by Good OS, as "The third and best version of gOS to date, Perfect for Netbooks". It is still based on GNOME but has replaced AWN with yet another launcher called Wbar, and introduces the full support for Wine 1.0, Picasa (using the Wine libraries) and Google Gadgets.

Hey!

I could help you with the system requirements :

Hey!
    Good OS or gOS is mainly used by Users who intend to work on the internet only environment...! It has a lot useful gadgets from Google and other internet related stuffs...! Its a smooth makeover of Ubuntu for low end machines which would be easily configured for Web 2.0 applications...!

Well here are the download links :

Download - Site 1

Download - Site 2

Download - Site 3

Download - Site 4

Download - Site 5

Download - Site 6