Thread: Date and Time keep on changing in Vista Ultimate 64bit

angry Date and Time keep on changing in Vista Ultimate 64bit

Hey Guys,

My date and time always used to get change automatically on my system. So, i had upgraded my system from Windows Xp to Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit. But i still face the same problem again on my system. BIOS clock is been set correctly on my system, but whenever my pc goes to sleep mode or if i turn off the system, as soon as i turn on the system my date and times seems to be changed. I don't understand why i'm having such problem on my pc. Can any body help me out to get rid of the above issue? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks i advance.

Re: Date and Time keep on changing in Vista Ultimate 64bit

Try to follow the steps mention below:-

Start-->Control Panel-->Date,Time,Language & RegionalOptions--> Region & Language Options. Make sure all them are set to your country (on every tab).

Then Try Start-->Control Panel--> Date,Time,Language & Regional Options--> Date & Time. Make sure the first tab is correct, select second tab and set it too where you live make sure third tab is correct also

Where I worked I found a similar problem. I would set the time to the correct time and the next time I started the PC it would be wrong again. It was the network server setting the times on the PCs. They fixed it (the server, somehow).

I think it might be some 3rd party application that might be causing it but looking at what all have you installed on your system. So it's better to run a virus scan of your system.

Start out by setting the Time Zone to the time zone for where you live. (Eastern would be correct for you, I believe)

Then make sure that "Automatically adjust for DST" is checked. That will probably fix the problem. However, here are two other things to consider:

1. Check your "BIOS" time by going into setup when he computer starts. Make sure THAT time is also set to what you want it to be.

2. Make sure you have all the Daylight Savings Time patches installed. Since we are in the period that would normally be DST anyway, this is probably NOT part of the issue, but it is a good belt/braces approach to take.