Thread: Missing "Optimize For" setting

Missing "Optimize For" setting

hi,
    I recently reinstalled Windows Vista. After installation i went to set the "Optimize for" option but it is now missing. Vista Services Optimizer optimizes Windows Vista Performance by disabling unnecessary Vista services.i want to optimize for quick removal, the option is not available. How can I get this to work?

Re: Missing "Optimize For" setting

The drive and the controller/backplane have to support the hot-swap function. Also, most hot-swap functions (all that I have ever seen) have supported it in hardware and Windows never knew if a harddrive failed or not, because it only saw whatever virtual drives that the controller presented to it.

1) Right click My Computer, select Properties
    2) Goto the Hardware Tab, Click the Device Manager button (first from the top)
    3) Go down to "Network Adapters"
    4) Right click the Ethernet adapter you are using to connect with, then go to Properties
    5) Goto the Advanced tab
    6) There should be options here, leave most of them alone. Go down to "Optimize For" or "Optimize" (click the text)
    7) If CPU is selected, change it to "Throughput"
    8) Restart your computer and power cycle the modem.

Dr. V Guest

That would prolley be one of the differences between drivers, or upgrading of OS.

Like an earlier version of the driver might have that option still, but not the drivers you now have.

Or, if you have updated from one version Like Vista to Vista SP1, originally it was there and wasn't lost during transition, but then when you did reinstall, you slipstreamed or updated the OS before drivers and lost that as an option.