Thread: Ubuntu 9.04 Release Candidate is available For Download

Ubuntu 9.04 Release Candidate is available For Download

Release Candidate for Ubuntu 9.04, aka jaunty Jackalope, is now available for download. The new version of the most famous Linux distribution is near and the Release Candidate comes from essentially correct a lot of bugs detected during the beta phase.

Start with the list of main components:
    • Kernel 2.6.28-11.37
    • OpenOffice.org 3.0.1
    • Compiz 0.8.2
    • Pidgin 2.5.5
    • The GIMP 2.6.6
    • Transmission 1.51
    • Mozilla Firefox 3.0.7
    • F-Spot 0.5.0.3
    • Rhythmbox 0.12.0

The Release Candidate also incorporates the latest version of GNOME 2.26, we talked. You should know also that many elements have changed or have been added: the start screen, the login screen but the wallpaper and default theme .... Although the default is the same and others are invited in the lot (including Dust and New Wave), and the real change should be made to Ubuntu 9.10.

The theme New Wave in the Release Candidate for Ubuntu 9.04 As in the beta, the starting time was announced as shorter, the support of Ext4 is present and a system of notifications to Growl (Mac OS X) has been established.

You Can Download the Release Candidate From below links :

Desktop Edition :

Download 32-Bit

Download 64-Bit

Server Edition :

Download 32-Bit

Download 64-Bit

Dr. V Guest

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 Release Candidate is available For Download

Hello , From the Link theres Upgrade option also Available

Upgrading from Ubuntu 8.10
    To upgrade from Ubuntu 8.10 on a desktop system, press Alt + F2 and type in "update-manager-d" (without the quotes) into the command box. Update Manager should open up and tell you: New distribution release'9 .04 'is available. Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.

To upgrade from Ubuntu 8.10 on a server system: install the update-manager-core package if it is not already installed, edit / etc / update-manager / release-upgrades and set prompt = normal; launch the upgrade tool with the command sudo do-release-upgrade, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hello ., In fact, For this release, the project has focused on bringing faster boot speeds to users and a new desktop notification system. The server version of Ubuntu 9.04 has focused on integration with cloud computing (for example, integration with Amazon services) and a more integrated mail server stack based on the postfix and packages.

Personally I prefer the old notifications I tested the beta on a NETBOOK based atom n270, speed seemed to me incredibly fast compared to anything I have seen so far. Some minor bugs at home in the beta, I'll see tonight what is the update to the RC but I can assure you that for me this is 9.04 of happiness!