Thread: Windows XP SP4 in the making?

Windows XP SP4 in the making?

I wanted to search something related to Windows XP SP3. So opened google (my friend ) and typed in. By mistake, I typed Windows XP SP4 and to my wonder their was many results related to this SP4

I opened 1, which was an article/news or something and there was given that SP4 may be launched soon and Microsoft is working on it. Is it true? Anybody has more information on this topic?

Re: Windows XP SP4 in the making?

I remember a while back M$ said there was going to be no SP3, maybe just a bunch of rollups called a SP. They basically said you'll have to go buy vista. I can't believe that MS will release a SP4 for WinXP. They'll be putting all their effort into shoving Windows 7 down everyone's throats

I think you need to check your sources again as SP3 is the last service pack that Microsoft Will be developing for the XP operating system. Although, major support will be continuing for a few more years XP is going to be stop being sold at the end of this month. Of course, the big question will be will Windows 7 fix what went wrong with Vista in a couple of years because so far Vista's track record has not been the greatest.
    God is REAL... unless declared an INTEGER

But rumor has it that because of the massive problems with Windows Vista, Microsoft may be forced to release one final hotfix pack to keep corporate IT customers happy due to the predicted delay in switching to Windows 7 for many companies.

Did youread from an article that was posted way back in 2006? I had read similar article long time ago, well before SP3 was released. That article was from June 2006, and was mostly speculation when it was written. I doubt if theres any factual content, since it mentions fixing IE7, and WMP 11 as a part of this supposed SP4 package.

And like you already mentioned, SP3 is still being de-bugged!

Morning in mid-2006 Windows XP SP3 is far from being released when there is rumored that Microsoft will also launch this classic fourth SP operating system service packs, but since then no more on the message. Windows XP RTM at a time when approaching the end of the world, ZDNet blog author Mary-Jo Foley summed up the variety of Windows systems and Office software, technical support case, which refers to Windows XP SP4. However XP fans do not get too excited, this ultimate upgrade package is likely to be available to five years before, when we should have is Windows 7 (or SP1 and even SP2)