Thread: Slow web browsing and hang up in Windows Xp SP3

angry Slow web browsing and hang up in Windows Xp SP3

Hey Guys,

Recently i had upgraded my system from Windows Xp Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3. After upgrading to Service Pack 3, i cannot access my internet. The problem is that whenever i try to access my internet, it connect too slowly while browsing or even gets hangs in between. I don't know why i'm having such problem, but it was working absolutely fine on Windows Xp Service Pack 2. Can any one tell me why i'm having such problem on my system? Does any body have any idea about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Thanks.

Re: Slow web browsing and hang up in Windows Xp SP3

This could be caused by a change to Windows Firewall or running services.

Windows Firewall :- If is on, make sure File and Print Sharing is checked on the exceptions page. Right-click My Computer and then click Manage. Expand Services & Applications on botton left and then click on services to show services in right panel. Compare service status and startup with the 2 computers that are working. If a service is started on one that works but disabled on the subject computer, enable and start the service to see if that makes any difference.

Hey check out the event log for things like ntfs error bad block on drive X. If you find some similar sort of errors then it means you had a bad SATA cable that might be causing some problem. Try to change it and then check out whether you still face the same problem gain.

Dr. V Guest

See if the file is in your system32 folder. Right click the file, click Properties and then the version tab. Compare dates and sizes of the file on your computer with the one on the CD. If they say the same version but have different sizes, the one on your computer may be corrupted (just in case). If so, rename the file on your computer then copy the file from the CD to your computer and rename it so it is .dll rather than .dl_.

Regsvr32 can register (add to registry) or unregistry dll files. Click Start--Run and then type regsvr32 dllname.dll to register or regsvr32/u dllname.dll to unregister.

To register:
    regsvr32 pnrpnsp.dll
    To unregister (uninstall)
    regsvr32/u pnrpnsp.dll