Thread: Error "Please run the chkdsk utility''

Error "Please run the chkdsk utility''

hi,
    when i turn on my Ipod which connected to pc it opened Itunes to my classical result: PC restarts.And when I start it again, suddenly an error on the Sidebar.That was not so bad. But then there was a danger triangle in my bar right below that reported that Ieuser.exe no longer worked. C: / Users / Jorr / AppData / Local / Microsoft has been damaged. Run the chkdsk utility.

So, I go to My Computer, double-click C:, 'properties tab' extra ' run scanDisk'. Then two things checked and click OK. it reports that the disk is in use, allowing me the disk control plan, which means that he will run if the PC restarts. I immediately started my PC again, but it does not?I get exactly the same errors as before, and he gives that warning triangle other errors in the folder C: / Users / Jorr / AppData / Local / Microsoft ...
    Also, when I opened Outlook, he gave an error about extensions and then immediately a connection that folder Local / Microsoft.

Re: Error "Please run the chkdsk utility''

Start the computer with the CD drive as first boot and put your Windows CD. You can now via the CD into the recovery console again and CHKDSK / R to try.

Sounds like you have a bad file sector.Does it give you a number before restarting then during chkdsk it says: 'An unspecified error occured'?

• Chkdsk requires exclusive access to a volume while it is running. Chkdsk might display a prompt asking if you want to check the disk the next time you restart your computer.
    • Chkdsk might take a long time to run, depending on the number of files and folders, the size of the volume, disk performance, and available system resources (such as processor and memory).
    • Chkdsk might not accurately report information in read-only mode.

Your hard drive is corrupted. That happens when you suddenly turn off your computer without properly turning it off. What you need to do is run the chkdsk utility. It's simple, just go to start, run, type: cmd. In that black screen, type:

chkdsk /R

It should check your hard drive for corruptions and fix them if it founds anything. If you run chkdsk without the R, it will only check for errors but will not fix them. Hope this helped.