Thread: When is Fedora 11 launching?

When is Fedora 11 launching?

Hey guys!
    I have been using fedora 10 from the day it was released and i'm addicted to it...! I have always looked forward for the newer release of fedora...! I am currently using Fedora 11 alpha version... Got to tell you, its very buggy...! It freezes a lot and keeps on logging you off...! Can anyone tell me when is the final version of fedora 11 coming out? Thanks in advance...!

Re: When is Fedora 11 launching?

The Fedora Project Team announced the release of Fedora 11 Leonidas Beta. Getting closer and closer to the final release, Fedora 11 promises to bring a lot of major changes and improvements along with bleeding-edge technologies to enable a modern operating system. Coming in two flavors, Fedora 11 Beta uses the following desktop environments: GNOME 2.26 RC and KDE 4.2.1. Xfce 4.6.0 is also available from the repositories. Fedora takes a bold step into the future by defaulting the hard-disk installation to the powerful Ext4 filesystem and including the promising Btrfs as an additional option. The PackageKit is now capable to install firmware either by user input or by assessing the system requirements and choosing what's best for your machine. Developers in need of a cross-compiler will be happy to hear that Fedora 11 Beta ships with a preview version of the MiniGW development platform. Speaking of which, the NetBeans 6.5 integrated development environment is also included and brings a lot of changes compared to the 6.1 release. GCC 4.4, Python 2.6 and Git 1.6.2 are also part of this beta release of the upcoming Fedora 11 Leonidas operating system. Leaving technicalities aside, you should find out that Fedora 11 Beta has a brand new wallpaper featuring the famous Greek Acropolis, to be in tone with Fedora 11's codename, Leonidas. The Clearlooks based theme is in testings

Hey!
    Thanks! I have been so looking forwarding for this...! You have saved me from the buggy alpha version...! Thanks a lot... But where do i download it...!? Help guys! Thanks in advance...!

Hey!
    Here you can download the Beta version of Fedora 11 :

Download 64-bit

Download 32-bit

Download for Power PC [MAC systems]